Select Honda and Acura cars now offering Siri Eyes Free integration
Honda has announced that a select number of its Honda and Acura vehicles are now available with Siri Eyes Free integration, with more to follow on December 3. The company announced the news in a press release today, stating that owners of select Honda and Acura models including the 2013-2014 Honda Accord and 2013 Acura RDX and ILX can now go to their dealerships and have Siri Eyes Free kits installed. Once done, owners of those vehicles can then use Siri on their iOS devices to send text and emails, set reminders and alarms, get turn-by-turn voice navigation and have sports and weather information read to them by iOS 7's digital personal assistant. From the press release:
"Honda recognizes the power of Siri Eyes Free to meet connectivity and convenience needs of its customers in a responsible manner," said Art St. Cyr, vice president of product planning and logistics, American Honda. "With technology becoming further integrated into people's lives, we are happy to provide next-generation connectivity and meet our customer's ever-changing needs.
There's no word on how much the Siri Eyes Free integration costs, but the price is likely to vary a little depending on the make and model of your car and labor costs associated with your dealership. Honda will announce additional cars that will support Siri Eyes Free integration on December 3.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options