Play Angry Birds Go! today, ahead of December 11 release date
If you're hankering for some Angry Birds racing action and simply can't wait for the official December 11 release of Angry Birds Go!, you can do a bit of virtual relocation and play the game right now. We showed you a similar workaround with the release of Tiny Death Star, and since Go! has been released in New Zealand already, the same App Store trickery works here as well. Here's how to do it:
- Go to the App Store using your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll to the bottom of the "Featured" page and click your Apple ID.
- On the menu that pops up, click "View Your Apple ID."
- A page will appear with all of your information on it. Click "Country/Region" and change it to "New Zealand."
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now you'll see a page with all of your billing information on it. Delete your credit card info (the app is free so you won't need it, and since we'll be changing your address to somewhere down under, it won't work anyway).
- Next we need to give you a New Zealand location. Change your "Suburb" to Wellington and your "Post Code" to 6011, then click "Next."
- You should now be able to search for "Angry Birds Go" and download the app for free.
- After downloading, switch your information back to whatever it was previously, including your credit card information.
After returning your information back to normal you'll be able to play the game just as you would if it were released in your region, including in-app purchases.
A few things to remember when using this technique: When the game is released in your region, you'll want to download the localized version as well. Any progress you make on the New Zealand version of the game will likely be deleted when you change to the local version. If you choose not to download the local version, you'll likely need to change your account back to New Zealand to download updates for the game.
This workaround also won't work if you have an iTunes Match account or any credit on your iTunes account, as those items need to be removed before changing regions.
Essentially, this trick is simply a way for some of us to preview the game early, so don't go investing a hundred bucks on in-app purchases. Enjoy!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature