Consumer Cellular to offer iPhone to seniors on December 13
Consumer Cellular, an Oregon-based post-paid mobile virtual network operator will begin offing the iPhone to its customers on December 13, reports OregonLive. Consumer Cellular is a private mobile operator whose customer base of primarily senior citizens has begun requesting email and the internet from their devices. Hence, Consumer Cellular's deal with Apple.
The mobile carrier will offer the iPhone 4s, the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c as of December 13. As the carrier is a post-paid operator, customers will have to pay the full price of the iPhone up front and then a monthly cost for service after that.
Consumer Cellular joins other post-paid carriers, including Virgin Mobile and Cricket Wireless, in offering an alternative to the high monthly contract fees of the larger national carriers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter