Consumer Cellular to offer iPhone to seniors on December 13
Consumer Cellular, an Oregon-based post-paid mobile virtual network operator will begin offing the iPhone to its customers on December 13, reports OregonLive. Consumer Cellular is a private mobile operator whose customer base of primarily senior citizens has begun requesting email and the internet from their devices. Hence, Consumer Cellular's deal with Apple.
The mobile carrier will offer the iPhone 4s, the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c as of December 13. As the carrier is a post-paid operator, customers will have to pay the full price of the iPhone up front and then a monthly cost for service after that.
Consumer Cellular joins other post-paid carriers, including Virgin Mobile and Cricket Wireless, in offering an alternative to the high monthly contract fees of the larger national carriers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options