Consumer Cellular to offer iPhone to seniors on December 13
Consumer Cellular, an Oregon-based post-paid mobile virtual network operator will begin offing the iPhone to its customers on December 13, reports OregonLive. Consumer Cellular is a private mobile operator whose customer base of primarily senior citizens has begun requesting email and the internet from their devices. Hence, Consumer Cellular's deal with Apple.
The mobile carrier will offer the iPhone 4s, the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c as of December 13. As the carrier is a post-paid operator, customers will have to pay the full price of the iPhone up front and then a monthly cost for service after that.
Consumer Cellular joins other post-paid carriers, including Virgin Mobile and Cricket Wireless, in offering an alternative to the high monthly contract fees of the larger national carriers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync