Honda introduces 2014 Civic with iPhone-compatible touchscreen in the dash
Earlier today, Honda held a Google Hangout to announce a new "Display Audio" interface that features a 7-inch high-resolution touchscreen in the dash of the new 2014 Honda Civic and 2015 Honda Fit that can connect to an iPhone and access online content.
The 7-inch touchscreen in the vehicles' dash will allow drivers and passengers to touch, swipe and pinch their way through maps, contacts and media. To go along with the Display Audio interface, Honda is announcing four new iOS apps that allow iPhone owners to interact with the new system and provide additional functionality.
- HondaLink Connect (free). With the HondaLink Connect App, you can search for point-of-interest locations; save favorite destinations; view weather forecasts; stay in touch with key maintenance information about your vehicle, including notifications on your next required service; easily set up service appointments with a quick dial to your servicing dealer; receive useful Feature Guide and Quick Tip messages about your car; contact roadside assistance agents when needed; and more.
- HondaLink Navigation (US$59.99). Download the HondaLink Navigation App onto your phone and stream an entire navigation system into your Honda dashboard display. Receive all the convenience of in-vehicle maps and routing, including continuously updated traffic information for freeways, highways and major surface streets. Search for points of interest or specific addresses, and easily route to your selected destination. Use the steering wheel controls to interact with the HondaLink Navigation app while driving. Includes free annual map updates.
- HondaLink Aha (free). The HondaLink Aha app provides convenient access to cloud-based services right through the vehicle dashboard, allowing you to leave your phone tucked away while driving. With this app, HondaLink and Aha help turn your favorite internet content into personalized, on-demand radio stations.
- HondaLink App Launcher – (free). The HondaLink App Launcher is your guide to easily find apps that are compatible with the HondaLink Next Generation platform. Use it to find other HondaLink Next Generation apps such as HondaLink Connect, HondaLink Aha and HondaLink Navigation. The App Launcher brings these apps into your vehicle dashboard, transforming your in-vehicle experience.
The 2014 Honda Civic and 2015 Honda Fit are also the first Hondas with Siri Eyes Free built-in.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)