PayPal starts selling iTunes digital gift cards, sells out of $15, $25 options immediately
When it comes to retailers that sell gift cards, you probably don't immediately think of PayPal, but that might soon change. The eBay-owned company is diving into the digital gift card business and is touting iTunes as its first major partner. The company just began selling redeemable iTunes gift codes via a new web portal and proceeded to sell out of the two cheapest versions without much delay.
You can currently purchase US$50 and $100 iTunes codes via the new PayPal Digital Gifts store, but the $15 and $25 options are already depleted. There's no indication of whether PayPal's stocks will be replenished in time for some last-minute holiday gifting, but if you have a few bucks burning a hole in your PayPal account, it may pay to check back in a day or two.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync