PayPal starts selling iTunes digital gift cards, sells out of $15, $25 options immediately
When it comes to retailers that sell gift cards, you probably don't immediately think of PayPal, but that might soon change. The eBay-owned company is diving into the digital gift card business and is touting iTunes as its first major partner. The company just began selling redeemable iTunes gift codes via a new web portal and proceeded to sell out of the two cheapest versions without much delay.
You can currently purchase US$50 and $100 iTunes codes via the new PayPal Digital Gifts store, but the $15 and $25 options are already depleted. There's no indication of whether PayPal's stocks will be replenished in time for some last-minute holiday gifting, but if you have a few bucks burning a hole in your PayPal account, it may pay to check back in a day or two.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter