10 million people downloaded Clumsy Ninja in a week
He's called Clumsy Ninja, but the feat he pulled off in the App Store surely required a good bit of dexterity. According to developer NatualMotion, the interactive-character game was downloaded 10 million times in its first week of availability, VentureBeat reports. Wow.
The Clumsy Ninja app isn't like a traditional iOS game. You are given the ability to interact with a speechless ninja who stands on the screen and waits for you to act. You can poke him, throw him, give him items or play games with him, all of which helps the tiny guy gain experience and additional interactive options.
The game is free to play, so those 10 million downloads don't necessarily mean NaturalMotion is rolling in the dough. But given that there are no small number of microtransaction options built into the game, it's hard to imagine the company isn't ridiculously pleased with how things are going.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs