Plex updated for iOS 7
Plex, the powerful companion app for the Plex Media Server, has received a minor update that comes with a few nice new features.
The main addition is a redesigned look for iOS 7, but power users will enjoy new the players for music and video media. The Plex app allows you to stream music, videos and photos from your home computer via its sister media server. Using Plex channels, you can also stream content from apps such as Aperture, iTunes, YouTube and iPhoto.
Plex costs US$4.99, but updates are free. You can find it in the iTunes store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options