Plex updated for iOS 7
Plex, the powerful companion app for the Plex Media Server, has received a minor update that comes with a few nice new features.
The main addition is a redesigned look for iOS 7, but power users will enjoy new the players for music and video media. The Plex app allows you to stream music, videos and photos from your home computer via its sister media server. Using Plex channels, you can also stream content from apps such as Aperture, iTunes, YouTube and iPhoto.
Plex costs US$4.99, but updates are free. You can find it in the iTunes store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter