Three UK switches on its 4G network, gives users free calls, text and data in the US
If you're an iPhone owner on the Three network in the UK, you're about to get a double helping of good news. First, Three has quietly begun switching on its 4G network in select locations in the UK as of yesterday. The company is expected to officially make the announcement of its 4G activation today, stating that it will begin the first mass rollout of its 4G network in London. Best of all, if you already have a Three plan, you'll be bumped up to Three's 4G plan at no extra cost.
Meanwhile, Three has announced plans to add America to its "Feel At Home" roaming initiative. Feel At Home lets customers use their minutes, texts and data (even unlimited data) for absolutely no charge while outside of the UK. Previously, Feel At Home was only available in Austria, Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Italy, the Republic of Ireland and Sweden. By adding the US, Three is sure to make many customers happy during the travel-heavy holiday season.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter