AT&T introduces Mobile Share Value plans
AT&T has introduced new Mobile Share Value plans to offer customers a new way to share data. The plan includes an option for no annual contracts and offers a US$15 monthly saving to shared plan customers who meet one of four criteria.
What are the criteria? Well, that's the question, isn't it? To qualify, you must:
- Buy a new smartphone with no down payment with the AT&T Next early upgrade program.
- Bring a separate off-contract device.
- Buy a smartphone at full retail price.
- Switch to a new plan after a phone is no longer under contract.
The carrier notes that, "Consumers will have the ability to connect up to 10 devices, including tablets and other wireless devices, while business customers will be able to connect up to 10, 15, 20 or 25 devices, depending on the plan." The whole thing kicks off on December 8. If you're shopping and you fit somewhere in the list above, give it some consideration.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter