Daily iPhone App: FunderCloud brings the best of Indiegogo and Kickstarter to your iPhone
We have apps to browse news, music and videos, and now there is one to peruse crowdfunded projects. FunderCloud debuted in the App Store last month and allows you to thumb through projects from both Kickstarter and Indiegogo.
The app has an iOS 7-inspired design that pulls in and displays listings from the two most popular crowdfunding websites. The app will list a firehouse of all the most popular projects, but you can filter this list by category, new projects and projects that are ending soon. There's also a search option to find projects by keyword and a favorites list that you can use to track projects you like.
When viewing a listing, FunderCloud appears to pull the content from the source website and displays it in the app. On Kickstarter projects, you'll see the link to download the Kickstarter app. Because FunderCloud is only an aggregator, there are no persistent login options within the app. You can back a project from within the app, but it is handled by the KickStarter or Indiegogo website. As a result, FunderCloud doesn't serve as a management tool that tracks your funded projects. It's merely a browser.
You can download FunderCloud from the iOS App Store for US$1.99. It's worth a download, especially if you enjoy thumbing through crowdfunding projects in your free time. And, it's a double shot allowing you access to both Kickstarter and Indiegogo at the same time, which is more convenient than browsing each site separately.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync