President Obama not allowed to use an iPhone for security reasons
US President Barack Obama has revealed that he is not allowed to use an iPhone due to security fears. Speaking to a group of young people at an event promoting the new healthcare law, Obama said, "I'm not allowed for security reasons to have an iPhone," reports SecurityWeek. The president then added that his daughters Sasha and Malia love their iPhones, however.
It is, of course, ironic that the president is not allowed to use the iPhone, as the device and iOS are generally considered one of the most secure smartphones and mobile operating systems. However, one can reasonably see why the president of United States might require more security than normal on his mobile device. For that security, the president uses a modified BlackBerry that the Secret Service approved around the time of his inauguration.
US President Barack Obama has revealed that he is not allowed to use an iPhone due to security fears. Speaking to a group of young people...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free