President Obama not allowed to use an iPhone for security reasons
US President Barack Obama has revealed that he is not allowed to use an iPhone due to security fears. Speaking to a group of young people at an event promoting the new healthcare law, Obama said, "I'm not allowed for security reasons to have an iPhone," reports SecurityWeek. The president then added that his daughters Sasha and Malia love their iPhones, however.
It is, of course, ironic that the president is not allowed to use the iPhone, as the device and iOS are generally considered one of the most secure smartphones and mobile operating systems. However, one can reasonably see why the president of United States might require more security than normal on his mobile device. For that security, the president uses a modified BlackBerry that the Secret Service approved around the time of his inauguration.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)