Apple's US smartphone share climbs to 40.6%
Apple's share of the US smartphone market climbed from July to October of this year, but only by a small margin, according to new data from comScore. The newest report showed a 0.2 percentage point increase for Apple, moving from 40.4 percent to 40.6 percent, and the company remains the top smartphone manufacturer in the states by a very wide margin.
Samsung was the biggest mover on the chart, climbing 1.3 percentage points to 25.4 percent of overall share, with Motorola grabbing a 0.1 percentage point bump to 7 percent. Meanwhile, HTC and LG both lost share, dropping 1.3 and 0.2 percentage points, respectively. In terms of platform market share, Android is still king with 52.2 percent, while Apple remains in second place at 40.6 percent.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options