Apple's US smartphone share climbs to 40.6%
Apple's share of the US smartphone market climbed from July to October of this year, but only by a small margin, according to new data from comScore. The newest report showed a 0.2 percentage point increase for Apple, moving from 40.4 percent to 40.6 percent, and the company remains the top smartphone manufacturer in the states by a very wide margin.
Samsung was the biggest mover on the chart, climbing 1.3 percentage points to 25.4 percent of overall share, with Motorola grabbing a 0.1 percentage point bump to 7 percent. Meanwhile, HTC and LG both lost share, dropping 1.3 and 0.2 percentage points, respectively. In terms of platform market share, Android is still king with 52.2 percent, while Apple remains in second place at 40.6 percent.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options