Apple's US smartphone share climbs to 40.6%
Apple's share of the US smartphone market climbed from July to October of this year, but only by a small margin, according to new data from comScore. The newest report showed a 0.2 percentage point increase for Apple, moving from 40.4 percent to 40.6 percent, and the company remains the top smartphone manufacturer in the states by a very wide margin.
Samsung was the biggest mover on the chart, climbing 1.3 percentage points to 25.4 percent of overall share, with Motorola grabbing a 0.1 percentage point bump to 7 percent. Meanwhile, HTC and LG both lost share, dropping 1.3 and 0.2 percentage points, respectively. In terms of platform market share, Android is still king with 52.2 percent, while Apple remains in second place at 40.6 percent.
Apple's share of the US smartphone market climbed from July to October of this year, but only by a small margin.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update