Spotify ups its game, plans to offer free on-demand music for mobile
Spotify is looking to give users an added incentive to choose its streaming-music service over the droves of competitors by offering free on-demand music via its mobile app. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the new option will be offered as an ad-supported alternative to services like Pandora and iTunes Radio.
Currently, Spotify's mobile app offers a free radio service that is streamed based on a user's preferred music genre, with the on-demand service reserved for Spotify paid subscribers. If this plan does indeed come to fruition, the only difference between standard Spotify and Spotify Premium, which costs US$9.99 per month, will be that the paid service comes without ads.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update