Spotify ups its game, plans to offer free on-demand music for mobile
Spotify is looking to give users an added incentive to choose its streaming-music service over the droves of competitors by offering free on-demand music via its mobile app. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the new option will be offered as an ad-supported alternative to services like Pandora and iTunes Radio.
Currently, Spotify's mobile app offers a free radio service that is streamed based on a user's preferred music genre, with the on-demand service reserved for Spotify paid subscribers. If this plan does indeed come to fruition, the only difference between standard Spotify and Spotify Premium, which costs US$9.99 per month, will be that the paid service comes without ads.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free