Spotify ups its game, plans to offer free on-demand music for mobile
Spotify is looking to give users an added incentive to choose its streaming-music service over the droves of competitors by offering free on-demand music via its mobile app. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the new option will be offered as an ad-supported alternative to services like Pandora and iTunes Radio.
Currently, Spotify's mobile app offers a free radio service that is streamed based on a user's preferred music genre, with the on-demand service reserved for Spotify paid subscribers. If this plan does indeed come to fruition, the only difference between standard Spotify and Spotify Premium, which costs US$9.99 per month, will be that the paid service comes without ads.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync