iPhone 5s and 5c headed to Straight Talk Wireless and NET10 Wireless this month
If you've been hankering for a new iPhone 5s or 5c, but just can't bring yourself to sign on the dotted line of the big wireless carriers, you'll be pleased to know that Apple's newest handsets will be showing up at your local Walmart, sans contracts. Starting on December 13, pay-as-you-go customers can pick up the new smartphones on a variety of 30-day unlimited talk, text and data plans via Straight Talk Wireless and NET10 Wireless.
Pricing for the phones will be as follows:
- iPhone 5s (16GB) in Space Gray, Silver or Gold -- US$649
- iPhone 5c (16GB) in White, Blue, Green, Pink and Yellow -- $549
The iPhone 5c and 5s will be available on the following plans:
- $45 -- Straight Talk 30-day unlimited US nationwide talk, text and data.
- $60 -- Straight Talk 30-day unlimited US nationwide talk, text and data, and unlimited international calling.
- $50 -- NET10 30-day unlimited US nationwide talk, text and data, plus $40 for each additional line.
- $65 -- NET10 30-day unlimited US nationwide talk, text and data, and unlimited international calling.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter