iPhone 5s stock at most Apple retail stores nears 100%
Nearly three months after the iPhone 5s hit store shelves, Apple has gotten ahead of customer demand. According to a recent survey carried out by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, most Apple retail stores have close to 100 percent availability with respect to the iPhone 5s. This is to say that most locations have every color, storage option and carrier combination in stock. This should be welcome news for anyone who's had a tough time getting the exact iPhone 5s model they've been looking for.
Munster's survey included 60 Apple retail store locations. MacRumors went a step further and checked in with 120 retail locations as part of its own unofficial survey. It found that supply of the iPhone 5s is, in fact, extremely strong. It did, however, note that a "few combinations" seem to be in short supply, namely T-Mobile devices.
Shipping times for the iPhone 5s from Apple's online store now stand at one to three business days. Also note that Apple is offering free shipping on iPhone orders through December 22.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter