iPhone 5s stock at most Apple retail stores nears 100%
Nearly three months after the iPhone 5s hit store shelves, Apple has gotten ahead of customer demand. According to a recent survey carried out by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, most Apple retail stores have close to 100 percent availability with respect to the iPhone 5s. This is to say that most locations have every color, storage option and carrier combination in stock. This should be welcome news for anyone who's had a tough time getting the exact iPhone 5s model they've been looking for.
Munster's survey included 60 Apple retail store locations. MacRumors went a step further and checked in with 120 retail locations as part of its own unofficial survey. It found that supply of the iPhone 5s is, in fact, extremely strong. It did, however, note that a "few combinations" seem to be in short supply, namely T-Mobile devices.
Shipping times for the iPhone 5s from Apple's online store now stand at one to three business days. Also note that Apple is offering free shipping on iPhone orders through December 22.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync