Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
Microsoft has released a major update to its Bing for iPad app. The most noticeable thing about Bing for iPad 2.0 is a new icon and a completely revamped user interface that now matches the aesthetics of iOS 7.
Outside of the purely cosmetic, Microsoft has put a lot of work into syncing and sharing. Now Bing bookmarks can be saved and synced via Microsoft's SkyDrive so they are available on other devices. Users can also share Bing search results across Facebook and Twitter. The app also gains a number of photo enhancements, allowing users to save images to their iOS Camera Roll, and use Bing's daily image as the wallpaper on their iPad. Here's a complete rundown of all that's new in version 2.0:
•A cleaner, simpler UI for iOS 7.
•Save the daily image to use as wallpaper.
•Save bookmarks and images and access them via SkyDrive.
•Share what you find on Facebook, Twitter and more.
•Earn Bing Rewards credits for your web searches.
•Improved Maps search results.
•Updated Bing logo and color palette.
•Gift Finder -- Find appropriate gift ideas for family and friends.
Bing for iPad is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)