Square credit card reader loses weight, gains accuracy
The Square credit card reader is already a huge hit with small businesses, so an upgrade to the hardware is definitely cause for a little early holiday celebration. The company revealed an all-new version of its iconic register peripheral today, showing off a sleeker design that cuts its width by 45 percent. The company also boasts that the new reader is more accurate than any previous model.
As always, small businesses and anyone else that need an easy way to take mobile payments can score a free card reader by signing up with Square online, but the newest model won't be available in retail stores until 2014.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free