Square credit card reader loses weight, gains accuracy
The Square credit card reader is already a huge hit with small businesses, so an upgrade to the hardware is definitely cause for a little early holiday celebration. The company revealed an all-new version of its iconic register peripheral today, showing off a sleeker design that cuts its width by 45 percent. The company also boasts that the new reader is more accurate than any previous model.
As always, small businesses and anyone else that need an easy way to take mobile payments can score a free card reader by signing up with Square online, but the newest model won't be available in retail stores until 2014.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs