Twitter releases major update for iOS with improved timelines, DMs, more
Twitter released a major update of its iOS app today. Twitter version 6.0 features an all-new design and way to interact with your Home, Activity and Discover feeds. Now users can simply swipe between them in the Timeline. Another huge improvement: Easier access to Direct Messages, which now have their own dedicated button at the bottom of Twitter's toolbar. DMs also get some photo love because now users can attach pictures to send with direct messages.
This update sees continued refinement of search by allowing you to access tweets in search results from people near you and people you follow. Notifications are more refined. Now you can choose to view only replies, retweets and favorites from people you follow. Lastly, Twitter 6.0 now supports Safari's Reading List, allowing you to save web articles directly to Safari so you can read them there later.
Check out the full release notes below:
What's New in Version 6.0
• Refreshed look and feel. Home, Activity and Discover now available by swiping in Timelines. Easier access to DMs.
Share photos in Direct Messages.
• Send and receive photos via DMs.
Notifications from your network.
• Choose to view replies, retweets, and favorites from only the people that you follow.
Search got even easier.
• Access tweets from people you follow and near you, directly from search results.
Safari Reading List support
• Save web articles to read later with Safari Reading List.
Twitter 6.0 is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app