IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
Version 1.3 of IFTTT adds a new iOS location channel that you can use in any recipe. This location feature allows you to setup a geographic fence that'll trigger an action when you enter an area, exit an area or do both.
Besides a standalone channel, Location is also pre-built into existing channels like Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare or Twitter. This allows you to send out a message when you take a new Instagram photo in a particular area, for example.
The updated version of IFTTT is available now in the iOS App Store. I've already created a few location-based recipes, and love the feature.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app