Instagram announces Instagram Direct, a new way to photo and video message your friends
Instagram held a small event today in New York City where it unveiled its latest and greatest feature -- Instagram Direct. Instagram Direct is a way of sending photos and video messages directly to other users. You can send the message to a single individual or to a group of users that can include up to 15 other users.
These messages will be stored in an Instagram Inbox that'll be easily accessible to users. You don't even have to follow the person to be able to send them a message. After sending the message, you'll be able to see which recipients have seen your message and which ones have liked it, as well as view comments as they are added. This new feature will be added to version 5 of the iOS app. It'll be available in the iOS App Store today.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app