Instagram announces Instagram Direct, a new way to photo and video message your friends
Instagram held a small event today in New York City where it unveiled its latest and greatest feature -- Instagram Direct. Instagram Direct is a way of sending photos and video messages directly to other users. You can send the message to a single individual or to a group of users that can include up to 15 other users.
These messages will be stored in an Instagram Inbox that'll be easily accessible to users. You don't even have to follow the person to be able to send them a message. After sending the message, you'll be able to see which recipients have seen your message and which ones have liked it, as well as view comments as they are added. This new feature will be added to version 5 of the iOS app. It'll be available in the iOS App Store today.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter