Instagram announces Instagram Direct, a new way to photo and video message your friends
Instagram held a small event today in New York City where it unveiled its latest and greatest feature -- Instagram Direct. Instagram Direct is a way of sending photos and video messages directly to other users. You can send the message to a single individual or to a group of users that can include up to 15 other users.
These messages will be stored in an Instagram Inbox that'll be easily accessible to users. You don't even have to follow the person to be able to send them a message. After sending the message, you'll be able to see which recipients have seen your message and which ones have liked it, as well as view comments as they are added. This new feature will be added to version 5 of the iOS app. It'll be available in the iOS App Store today.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature