Mac App of the Week: Hourly News delivers the latest news updates to your Mac
Whether you're a news junkie or trying to limit the amount of media you consume, Hourly News is worth consideration. It parses different sources and delivers hourly updates that keep you up-to-date with what's happening, domestically and internationally.
Hourly News lives in your menu bar. With the click of a button, you get the most recent news updates from a variety of sources including NPR, BBC News, Fox News, ESPN SportsCenter and a number of other news outlets throughout the world. A US$0.99 in-app purchase nets the ability to add a custom source beyond the 16 provided with the app.
The news updates last from two to five minutes each and are usually updated every hour, though a few are updated less often. You can toggle settings to automatically advance to the next item in your feed and to store settings on iCloud.
I use Hourly News to keep on top of national and world news at work, especially when I'm busy doing other tasks. If you're feeling overwhelmed by the deluge of media in your day-to-day activities, Hourly News is great for making sure you're still on top of things without constant media exposure.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature