BBC Sport comes to iPad
BBC has updated its wildly poplar BBC Sport app to finally add iPad support. BBC Sport for iOS originally launched way back in the first week of January 2013. The app quickly went to the top of the UK App Store charts, but many lamented the fact that it did not natively support the iPad. With BBC Sport version 1.4.2 released yesterday, now it does.
BBC Sport allows users to watch live matches of sporting events and catch up with video-on-demand highlights, as well as listen to live streams of BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Radio 5 live sports extra while you browse the app. The app features dedicated indexes for numerous sports, including football, Formula 1 and cricket, as well as special sections with news and video for UK nations and global events including the 2014 World Cup, the Sochi Winter Olympics and the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
BBC Sport is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options