China Mobile begins in-store advertising for the iPhone 5s
With China Mobile gearing up to sell the iPhone for the first time, it's apparently rolling out quite the advertising campaign in some of its locations.
According to the blog PRC And Me, at least one China Mobile store has begun placing iPhone 5s adverts in-store and, on top of that, even showcasing iPhone 5s and 5c models in displays.
Advertisements on the wall showed what I believe to be discount pricing (probably with contract) of 4380元 (US$723) for the iPhone 5s and 3380元 ($558) for the 5c. Of the two display tables in the store, one was dedicated to iPhones and iPads and there was a pretty good crowd around the table as I passed by. Not only were there Apple advertisements all over the place, but even Phil Schiller was present, his A7 chip announcement playing on a flatscreen TV.
All hail Schiller!
A majority of the ad and display space in the store had been dedicated to Apple. If this is any indication, China Mobile is planning to aggressively promote their new Apple partnership in the hopes of blunting any advances from China Unicom and Telecom.
Rumor has it that the iPhone 5s will go on sale on China Mobile on December 18, but no confirmation has yet been made by either Apple or China Mobile.
With China Mobile gearing up to sell the iPhone for the first time, it's apparently rolling out quite the advertising campaign in some of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free