The original Tomb Raider game comes to iOS
Seventeen years after it first launched on the PC, the first Tomb Raider game has come to iOS. Titled Tomb Raider 1, Square-Enix has ported the game for iPhone and iPad optimizing it for touch controls and also adding MOGA Ace Power and Logitech PowerShell game controller support.
In my quick play at the game, it runs fluidly enough and the touch controls work well. But the biggest thing that happened when I loaded it up were the memories that came back from the mid-1990s. This was a game that set the tone for a decade and its amazing to see it today on an iOS device because it shows you just how far gaming has come. Tomb Raider 1's graphics are of the same quality as the 1996 original, but they look cheap when displayed on the iPhone. That's because gaming and graphics have gotten so good that our phones have surpassed the wildest dreams of what was possible on a gaming machine from the 1990s.
Tomb Raider 1 is just US$0.99 in the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free