iPhone gets Auto Shazam update, now it's always listening
Song-identification app Shazam is already an App Store favorite, but today's update makes the iPhone version even more useful. Adding a feature called Auto Shazam (which has been available on the iPad edition for a short while already), the app can now be told to continuously monitor the sounds around you and identify songs before you even tell it to.
When you activate Auto Shazam, you can leave the app open, close it down or even lock your phone and the app will still listen in for tunes. If you permit Shazam to push notifications to your lock screen, a list of songs that the app has ID'd will auto-populate, which is perfect for when you're driving and can't take the time (or risk) to pull out your iPhone and fiddle with it.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter