Morning news roundup for January 6
Welcome to the first Monday of 2014 -- officially the most depressing day of the year. But if going back to work in bitter, cold weather after the fun-filled holidays has you down, it could be worse: You could be getting sued, like Ryan Seacrest, which leads our morning news roundup for January 6.
- BlackBerry sues keyboard maker for iPhone keyboard that hasn't shipped. What happens when "media personality" Ryan Seacrest makes an iPhone keyboard that resembles the one found on a BlackBerry? He gets sued, of course.
- Chitika holiday usage share numbers reveal people like iPad and iPhones as gifts. This is a big "duh," but here is some hard data showing Apple had a good holiday season as far as the iPhone and iPad are concerned.
- New Mac Pro CPU can be upgraded. OWC found that the Intel Xeon E5 processor in the new Mac Pro was socketed and removable, potentially allowing for processor upgrades in Apple's pro desktop in the future. Could this mean Apple doesn't plan to update the actual hardware for years to come?
- Apple acquires SnappyLabs. Apple has officially made its first acquisition of 2014 in the purchase of the SnappyCam app, which allows users to take burst photos easily. Of course, if you haven't already bought/downloaded SnappyCam, you're out of luck -- the app has been removed from the App Store.
- Evernote CEO responds to claims of buggy software. Think Evernote has taken a turn for the worse in the past year? You're not alone. Evernote's CEO agrees -- and promises to fix it.
- Today is the last day of Apple's 12 Days of Gifts app. The gift? The Sweet Summer Sun, Live in Hyde Park 2013 (Live) mini-album by The Rolling Stones.
Welcome to the first Monday of 2014 -- officially the most depressing day of the year. But if going back to work in bitter, cold weather...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update