App Store sold more than $10 billion in 2013
If you spent any money on the App Store in 2013, you helped contribute to a record-breaking year for Apple's digital marketplace. The company revealed today that App Store sales passed US$10 billion in 2013, with more than $1 billion in sales coming in December alone.
Apple's press release calls out a few apps by name for their surprising performance, including Heads Up, Candy Crush Saga, QuizUp and Minecraft. The company also notes that, to date, it has paid out a whopping $15 billion to app developers who stock the virtual store shelves.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync