Daily App Review: The Room Two is a physical puzzler that'll send shivers up your spine
If you enjoy puzzle games and don't mind a slightly ominous theme, then you must download and spend some time playing The Room Two from Fireproof Games. The iPad-only game is a follow-up title to the wildly popular physical puzzler The Room, which debuted in 2012 and quickly climbed to the top of the iOS gaming charts.
The Room Two keeps the same ominous and mysterious theme as its predecessor, but adds even more challenging puzzles to the mix. Just like the original, The Room Two drops you off in a dimly lit chamber where you must solve increasingly complex puzzles to advance. If you are alone at night, the eerie music and somber design will send chills up your spine.
The most compelling feature of The Room Two is its tactile gameplay. Most puzzles require you to open letters, remove items from drawers and solve mechanical puzzles with dials, locks and latches. You even get to gather pieces and build items like a crossbow that you must shoot to solve one puzzle in the game.
I loved the mind-bending puzzles of The Room, and The Room Two builds upon this seriously challenging gameplay. When you first start playing The Room Two, don't be intimidated by the difficulty of the game. Keep looking through every nook and cranny to find what you need and use the hints to keep you going when you are stuck.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free