Crowdfunded Project News: The best of Kickstarter, Indiegogo and the rest
Every week, TUAW will be providing readers with an update on what new or significant crowdfunded Apple-related projects are in the news. While our policy is to not go into detail on items that haven't reached at least 80 percent of their funding goal, this update is designed to give readers a heads-up on projects they might find interesting enough to back. Note that we're not covering those "projects" on Indiegogo where people are trying to get someone else to cough up money for a new computer or tablet...
- meMINI, a wearable camera that constantly captures videos, then lets you go in after the fact to select the best moments. Currently 31 percent funded with 28 days to go.
- Operator, an OS X RSS news reader that circumvents internet censorship. Currently 16 percent funded with 23 days to go.
- Everydisk, a project from Avatron Software to create a software-based, secure cloud-storage environment using your own computers. TUAW covered this project earlier in the week; the project is now 29 percent funded with 17 days to go.
- TEO, a keyless padlock that is unlocked with an app. No keys to lose, no combinations to forget; 4 percent funded with 59 days to go.
- Traccar Client for iOS, a GPS tracker application. It's already funded with 11 days to go.
- RECAP 2, a hardware device to allow recording of iPhone calls on an iPad. Funded, and there are six days to go in the campaign.
- Open-Me, a way to control your garage door from an iOS app. You can determine if the garage door is open or closed from the app, as well as have the door open automatically when you're within a certain radius of your home; 6 percent funded with 12 days to go.
- The Air Dock, an iPhone-compatible wireless charging car dock that holds your phone without clips or clamps; 70 percent funded, 25 days to go.
- PanoPal, remote-controlled rotating device for taking panorama shots with your iPhone; 16 percent funded with 41 days left.
- Apple Worm, data cable phone case for iPhone 5, 5s and 5c; 32 percent funded with 20 days left.
- Pet-Remote, control your dog with your iPhone. Dog-training app and collar device; 19 percent funded with 11 days left.
If you're aware of any other crowdfunded Apple-related projects, be sure to let us know about them through the Tip Us button at the upper right of the TUAW home page for future listing on the site.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more