Parallels Access 1.1 update adds new features, pricing options
Parallels has announced an update to Parallels Access, its desktop screen-sharing app for the iPad. Along with an iOS 7 redesign, Parallels Access 1.1 has added a number of new features and capabilities, as well as new pricing options.
First, the update finally provides official support for both Mavericks and Windows 8.1 remote clients. For those who are trying to access remote computers through a restricted network, Parallels Access now uses just a single port connection on port 443.
One subscription allows access to up to 10 PCs or Macs, and subscriptions are now available for US$4.99 monthly (auto-renewable) or $49.99 annually. That annual subscription rate is substantially lower in price than the original version, which rang in at $79.99 per year. Users who aren't sure that Parallels Access will work for them now get a free two-week trial.
The app is now localized in 11 languages, adding Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and both Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Previously only English and German were supported.
The update is available today.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration