Apple's opening could be geared for new products, and other news from Feb. 11, 2014
Adding fuel to the new products speculation, AppleInsider noticed that Apple has posted an opening for an "Instrumentation Design/NPI Engineer." This position, AI states, is geared toward the creation of new products. Tim Cook, during the most recent earnings call, had spoke about new items coming down the pipeline, but maybe there'll be new experiences as well.
Other news from Tuesday afternoon includes:
- Apple's Vice President of Operations covering the iPad, Mac and accessories has retired. Rita Lane had joined Apple in 2008.
- Whole Foods will be rolling out Square Stands that utilize iPads at some of its stores. They'll be utilized at the company's ready-to-eat locations, such as the in-store deli and coffee bar.
- Apple has issued a Boot Camp update, which brings support for installing 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more