Apple's opening could be geared for new products, and other news from Feb. 11, 2014
Adding fuel to the new products speculation, AppleInsider noticed that Apple has posted an opening for an "Instrumentation Design/NPI Engineer." This position, AI states, is geared toward the creation of new products. Tim Cook, during the most recent earnings call, had spoke about new items coming down the pipeline, but maybe there'll be new experiences as well.
Other news from Tuesday afternoon includes:
- Apple's Vice President of Operations covering the iPad, Mac and accessories has retired. Rita Lane had joined Apple in 2008.
- Whole Foods will be rolling out Square Stands that utilize iPads at some of its stores. They'll be utilized at the company's ready-to-eat locations, such as the in-store deli and coffee bar.
- Apple has issued a Boot Camp update, which brings support for installing 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options