Apple introduces CarPlay (Updated)
Early Monday morning Apple introduced CarPlay, which offers a new way to integrate iOS 7 and your car (select models).
Set to debut in 2014, CarPlay will let users make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music, all from their car's built-in display. Several apps will be supported at launch, including Podcasts, Beats Music, Spotify, iHeartRadio and Stitcher.
Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo will showcase CarPlay at next week's Geneva International Motor Show. Meanwhile, BMW, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kia, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan Motor Company, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Subaru, Suzuki and Toyota will make future vehicles CarPlay-compatible.
Update: Volvo has produced a video that gives a brief demo of CarPlay in action.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync