Warning: Don't upgrade to iOS 7.1 if you like your nested folders
Well, the day has finally come: Apple's iOS 7.1 update appears to have killed the most useful bug ever to grace a mobile operating system. If you choose to update your device to 7.1 you'll no longer be able to use nested folders.
Nested folders -- or folders-within-folders -- were a long-standing bug that Apple conveniently ignored for some time. It was a fantastic hidden feature that I've personally become dependent on. Having a perfectly clean home screen with a single folder used to house all my different app categories was a dream come true, but reality has now smacked me in the face.
If you haven't yet updated and you've never tried out the fancy folder trick, have a gander at our handy guide.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter