Warning: Don't upgrade to iOS 7.1 if you like your nested folders
Well, the day has finally come: Apple's iOS 7.1 update appears to have killed the most useful bug ever to grace a mobile operating system. If you choose to update your device to 7.1 you'll no longer be able to use nested folders.
Nested folders -- or folders-within-folders -- were a long-standing bug that Apple conveniently ignored for some time. It was a fantastic hidden feature that I've personally become dependent on. Having a perfectly clean home screen with a single folder used to house all my different app categories was a dream come true, but reality has now smacked me in the face.
If you haven't yet updated and you've never tried out the fancy folder trick, have a gander at our handy guide.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync