Warning: Don't upgrade to iOS 7.1 if you like your nested folders
Well, the day has finally come: Apple's iOS 7.1 update appears to have killed the most useful bug ever to grace a mobile operating system. If you choose to update your device to 7.1 you'll no longer be able to use nested folders.
Nested folders -- or folders-within-folders -- were a long-standing bug that Apple conveniently ignored for some time. It was a fantastic hidden feature that I've personally become dependent on. Having a perfectly clean home screen with a single folder used to house all my different app categories was a dream come true, but reality has now smacked me in the face.
If you haven't yet updated and you've never tried out the fancy folder trick, have a gander at our handy guide.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows