The Verge reports possible release of Microsoft Office for iPad and other news from March 17, 2014
This one might be for the rumor mill, but considering OneNote for Mac was released today, The Verge is saying that Microsoft Office for iPad might be released later this month, after members of the media received an invitation to an event on March 27 in San Francisco. It just happens to coincide with a big-name Apple event taking place the same day...
Other news from Monday afternoon includes:
- Google has announced a new version of its Google Play Game Services that will enable cross-platform multiplayer support for iOS and Android.
- If you want to buy a new Mac Pro but still run Windows 7 on it via Boot Camp, you might want to reconsider. Twocanoes blog discovered that the new Mac Pro only supports Windows 8 through Boot Camp.
- Former Apple Marketing Chief Allison Johnson talked during the Behance 99U conference about what it was like to work with Steve Jobs. To quote from Cult of Mac:
One interesting anecdote shared by Johnson was the time she put together an internal memo on how to sell the original iPhone for the AT&T sales team. "Steve asked to see that email, and he edited it so that they would position it correctly. He would dive in at a level of detail that most human beings would never consider. A CEO looking at a sales memo to an internal sales group at AT&T. He cared that much."
And kick back with these features:
- The worst article about the iPhone 6 has already been written
- Automatic brings the Internet of Things to your car
- Has iOS 7.1 broken or fixed your iOS device? TUAW wants to know!
- Haunted Empire: An unflattering and misguided look at the Tim Cook era
- How Eddy Cue won over Steve Jobs, when Jobs said no to an Apple HDTV, and much more
- How to create an animated GIF from your existing burst mode photos
- Rumor Roundup: No TV for you
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter