12 million downloads for Office iPad apps and other news from April 3, 2014
Microsoft announced via Twitter that its Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote apps for iPad have more than 12 million downloads collectively since their debut a week ago.
Other news from Thursday afternoon includes:
- The iOS version of iPhoto got a minor update that allows a white border around photos when ordering prints.
- The latest beta for OS X 10.9.3 was seeded to developers.
- Last year Apple's Siri team added the innovators behind acquired firm Novauris Technologies, said by TechCrunch to be a pioneer in speech recognition.
- Nest has suspended sales of its Nest Protect, which is a smoke detector and carbon monoxide alarm. Testing involving the Nest Wave technology prompted the Protect's rollback while it's being fixed. Those with Nest Protects hooked into WiFi will have the Next Wave feature disabled remotely within the next day. Sales have ceased until the Next Wave technology is repaired. (Google acquired Nest earlier in 2014.)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration