Fujitsu shows ScanSnap SV600 Contactless Scanner at Macworld 2014
Fujitsu has been manufacturing world-class scanners for business and personal use for about three decades, including the popular ScanSnap line of auto-feeding desktop scanners.
I had a chance to interview Fujitsu's Director of Product Marketing, Michael Sidejas at Macworld | iWorld 2014 where he introduced me to the latest edition to the ScanSnap lineup. For a long time, scanning items like large tabloid documents, books or hand-crafted artwork has been a challenge for desktop scanners. The ScanSnap SV600 overhead scanning system addresses this issue.
The ScanSnap SV600 Contactless Scanner was designed to be a "flatbed alternative" and it looks more like a lamp than a scanner. The floating head assembly contains an impressive array of LED CCDs that scan documents from a top down perspective. With a whole arsenal of auto detecting, analyzing, skew correcting and image correction capabilities, the SV600 takes the pain out of scanning books and magazines.
The SV600 is available now and more information can be found on the ScanSnap Community site.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync