Data swiped from LaCIe and other news from April 15, 2014
News from Tuesday afternoon includes:
- LaCie is notifying customers that malware was used to gain access to customer transactions between March 27, 2013, and March 10, 2014. Customers who have shopped through LaCie's site during this time might have had their names, addresses, email addresses, and payment card numbers and card expiration dates revealed.
- Apple will be joining Google, Microsoft, Samsung and others in including new anti-theft technology on their devices starting July 2015. Apple has already started down this path with the addition of Activation Lock to iOS 7.
- Google has debut a new app for its Helpouts program, which allows people to consult with experts over video.
And catch up with these features:
- Using a Lego robot to defeat freemium game roadblocks
- Review and giveaway: Moshi VersaKeyboard for iPad Air
- On the road with the Divoom Voombox Travel Bluetooth speaker
- How to turn your iPhone or iPad into a retro game console without jailbreaking
- Who else could direct the Jobs movie and what would it be like?
- iPhone 101: Improve the App Store search experience with this easy trick
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration