Skype makes group video calling free and other news for April 28, 2014
Good afternoon, everyone. This week we've got Skype going all "Google+" with the video chats and Apple Maps expands its flyover feature a bit.
Skype has made group video calling free for all users. This used to be a premium feature for users on Windows, OS X and XBox One. The service is now free on those devices, and the company says it will add additional platforms soon.
Stonehenge has been added to Apple Maps flyover feature. Now you can explore the mysterious structure from home. Just don't crush it.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter