Here are all the places you go running and biking with your iPhone
Strava is one of the most popular exercise apps on the iPhone, so after years of users recording their own running and biking habits, the company has a whole lot of data on its hands. Using nearly 20 million recorded exercise routes from its software across iOS, Garmin GPS devices, and Android, the company has created a gorgeous heat map of the world, showing exactly where people love to burn calories with their smartphones in their pockets.
The map can be broken down into running and biking routes, with various color and opacity options, but its probably most valuable when used as a tool to find great exercise spots in your area. You can zoom in all the way to street level, which is invaluable if you're just not sure where to go with with your bike or running shoes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync