Hulu announces free TV episodes coming to mobile devices this summer
There's good news afoot for TV lovers. Hulu announced today that its content will be available for free on mobile devices beginning this summer. As one might expect, the service will be ad-supported, but should nonetheless be a source of excitement as Hulu on mobile was previously only available to paying subscribers.
Across the TV industry, we're seeing greater access to all types of content, and more ways for you, our loyal TV fans, to forge deeper connections with your favorite shows. As the way viewers consume premium TV continues to rapidly evolve, we want to evolve to be able to offer more content on even more platforms.
That is why this summer, we will begin delivering a selection of ad-supported full TV episodes on mobile devices– for free. (Until now, viewers have been able to access Hulu's free service only on the desktop). With our re-imagining of mobile viewing, we want you, our viewers, to have more access to the content you love, right at your fingertips.
What's more, the company also announced plans to rollout a new version of the Hulu iPhone app this summer. While Hulu doesn't seem to get as much press as services like Netflix and Amazon Prime, the company noted today that Hulu Plus currently has over 6 million subscribers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app