Apple improves return policy and other news for May 12, 2014
Today in the news, Apple ramps up its online retail customer service and Square ditches one app for another, which you can try...if you live in NYC or San Francisco.
- Square Order is a new app that lets you place an order from a restaurant, cafe or shop to be picked up later. Still restricted to New York and San Francisco, the app lets you find and pay for select items with your phone, and then pick them up later. Meanwhile, Square has killed its mobile wallet app.
- Reuters is reporting on Apple's latest attempt to boost online sales. Specifically, the company has improved its return policy by cutting refund times in half. The move represents a big upfront cost for Apple, as Reuters notes, but will help it compete with online retail giants like Amazon.
We'll have more goodies for you as the day goes on, of course, so we'll talk to you then.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options