Apple and the environment plus other news for May 22, 2014
Good afternoon, readers! Today Pixelmator has released a very nice update, Apple addresses the "iMessage Purgatory" issue and Lisa Jackson, Apple's VP of environmental initiatives, talks about her role at the company.
- Apple's environmental initiatives VP and former head of the EPA, Lisa Jackson, addressed her company's environmental efforts at Fortune's recent Brainstorm Green conference. Jackson discussed her recruiting by Tim Cook, her role at Apple and the company's environmental initiative.
- Apple has fixed the server-side iMessage issue that some former customers are experiencing, and promises that a forthcoming software update is coming. An Apple spokesperson recently told Ina Fried, "We recently fixed a server-side iMessage bug which was causing an issue for some users, and we have an additional bug fix in a future software update." Those still experiencing problems are encouraged to contact AppleCare.
- In software news, Pixelmator 3.2 is out with full 16-bit channel support and new Repair tool with three different settings: Quick, for small fixes, plus Standard and Advanced for big changes. Pixelmator 3.2 requires Mac OS X Mavericks.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync