NTT DOCOMO to get iPad Air, mini and more news for May 28, 2014
The iPad is in the news twice this morning, plus an app update from the BBC. Finally!
- Japanese carrier NTT DOCOMO is scheduled to get the iPad Air and Retina iPad mini on June 10, according to a press release from Apple. As of June 2, customers can pre-register for an iPad Air or a Retina iPad mini via DOCOMO's website.
- The BBC has released a major update to its iPlayer app for iOS. The company surprised a few folks when it made its latest iPlayer update available for Windows phones first. Now it's finally available in the iOS flavour (Android, too). I do wish it'd be available here in the States, but I suspect that'd require slashing through a jungle of red tape.
- Apple has released education pricing for the iPad Air and Retina iPad mini (Google translation). The Air and Retina mini, typically US$499 and $399 respectively are selling for $469 and $379 to qualified education customers.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync