Yo iPhone app hacked
Yo, the pointless app that lets you message the word "Yo" to your contacts (and nothing else) has been hacked by a college student and his two roommates. The trio has been able to acquire any Yo user's phone number and spam them with multiple messages, though they opted not to abuse the latter discovery. Yo has confirmed the hack and promised a fix.
Meanwhile, a Vine video has appeared showing the app playing Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" instead of its typical notification sound, and a post on Instagram supposedly shows an unauthorized message being pushed through the service.
So it turns out an app that was built in eight hours and has access to personal information can be hacked. At least it's free.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration