iPhone 101: Status bar symbols and what they mean
Similar to the Mac's menu bar, iOS has a status bar at the top of the screen that contains symbols with useful information about your iPhone or iPad. With just a quick glance, you can view which settings are enabled on your device, the strength of your cellular connection and more.
Below you will find a table with the most common status symbols and their meanings.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options