Apple hires Alex Hsieh from Atlas Wearables
Apple has hired Alex Hsieh, formerly of Atlas Wearables. According to Hsieh's Linked profile, he began working for Apple in June, 2014 as a firmware developer. No other details about his current role or assignment are available. Here's a video of the Atlas wearable in action.
As MacObserver notes, Apple has been on a bit of a hiring spree lately, snatching up people who, collectively, could produce a nice wearable device. If they were so inclined, that is. Meanwhile, Tim Cook recently told Walt Mossberg that "There are lots of gadgets in the [wearable] space. I would say that the ones that are doing more than one thing...there's nothing great out there that I've seen."
Time for something great then, Tim?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter