Apple hires Alex Hsieh from Atlas Wearables
Apple has hired Alex Hsieh, formerly of Atlas Wearables. According to Hsieh's Linked profile, he began working for Apple in June, 2014 as a firmware developer. No other details about his current role or assignment are available. Here's a video of the Atlas wearable in action.
As MacObserver notes, Apple has been on a bit of a hiring spree lately, snatching up people who, collectively, could produce a nice wearable device. If they were so inclined, that is. Meanwhile, Tim Cook recently told Walt Mossberg that "There are lots of gadgets in the [wearable] space. I would say that the ones that are doing more than one thing...there's nothing great out there that I've seen."
Time for something great then, Tim?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options