iPhone accounts for nearly 50% of UK smartphone web traffic
A new research report put together by Chitika finds that nearly half of all smartphone web traffic in the UK emanates from iPhones. Specifically, the report notes that as of June 2014, 48.9% of UK web traffic can be traced back to the iPhone, followed not so closely by Samsung with a 22.8% share.
As for the report's methodology, Chitika compiled its data by analyzing ad impressions within its own ad network for a one week period in June. Which is to say, the report shouldn't be viewed as authoritative as much as intriguingly informative.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features