Don't think you want Seinfeld emojis? You better think again, Mojambo!
Strap on your urban sombrero and say "Hellooooooooooo" to your new favorite app. Everyone's favorite show about nothing is still very much something in the cultural zeitgeist, and now Jerry and his band of neurotic misfits might be headed to an emoji keyboard near you. A small team including Jason Richards (creator of the @Seinfeld2000 parody Twitter account), designer Kevin McCauley, and BuzzFeed's Shahruz Shaukat, have submitted Seinfeld Emoji to the App Store and is currently waiting for Apple to declare it sponge-worthy. It's like Festivus in July!
These ridiculously high-quality emojis are almost too great to look at. Looking at them is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at them. It's too risky. You get a sense of them and then you look away. Along with the primary cast of characters, now rendered in glorious cartoony flair, there are some slightly more obscure emojis included in the package that are episode-specific, like salty pretzels, Junior Mints, and a loaf of marble rye. I'm speechless. I have no speech.
There are also some Seinfeld2000 inside jokes included in the emoji lineup, like a Galaxy S5 smartphone... not that there's anything wrong with that.
If you're interested in the app -- and of course you are -- keep an eye on the Seinfeld2000 Twitter account for word on its App Store debut. That is, assuming Apple -- which denies apps like it's a bodily function -- approves it for sale.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature