New Samsung ads poke fun at iPad display and lack of multiscreen support
Samsung ads typically teeter between funny and annoying. The company's latest efforts skews towards the latter. Though not as overtly anti-Apple as its "wall huggers" ad from last week, Samsung's latest commercials for the Galaxy Tab S essentially take aim at the iPad for A.) lack of split-screen multitasking and B.) having a an LCD display.
This first commercial is forgettable and a bit grating. It features a father who is able to placate his crying son by showing him a movie while he himself checks in on a soccer game. Other tablet owners (we're looking at you iPad!) the commercial informs us, can't do the same.
Next we have a commercial poking fun at the iPad's LCD display while simultaneously touting the Super AMOLED display of the Galaxy Tab S.
Commercials aside, Samsung is clearly feeling the heat from waning sales. Most recently, the company announced a 24% decrease in profits from the same quarter a year-ago.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)