Here's a fix for disappearing contacts in iOS 7.1.2
Here's a tip from iMore's Ally Kazmucha for users who are suffering from disappearing or improperly syncing iCloud contacts once they've upgraded to iOS 7.1.2.
It turns out the issue isn't with iCloud, it's with a new default in iOS 7.1.2. The update causes your iOS device to switch your contacts back to the On My iPhone group. To fix the issue, simply switch your contacts group back to iCloud in settings.
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and scroll to the bottom.
3. Select Contacts.
4. Click on Default Account.
5. Finally, select "iCloud" instead of "On my iPhone."
Kazmucha has also written up a tutorial on how to weed out disappearing contacts from your phone. To read that head over to iMore.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)